MTR® C Beam
THE NATIVE FIRE-RESISTANT SOLUTION FOR IMPORTANT LOADS
The concrete bottom base is self-supporting during the assembly and deck casting phase and works as formwork and support for the slab. Ideal for the realisation of shopping centres, multi-storey car parks, hotels, convention centres, schools, bridges and industrial buildings.
CE marked in accordance with the EN 1090-1 norm, it is made up of top and bottom chord, in round or square bars, connected through reticular steel cores. The bottom chord are embedded in a concrete footing suitably dimensioned and reinforced.
The MTR® C beam, in combination with totally or partially self-supporting slabs, represents a valid alternative to the precompressed prefabricated systems.
It is made up of top and bottom chord, in round or square bars, connected through reticular steel cores from metal carpentry in accordance with the EN ISO 10025-2.
The fire resistance is obtained by suitably calibrating the lower concrete cover, without using intumescent paints or plasters.
Completing casting concrete
C25/30 when not otherwise prescribed by the designer.
The beam supports itself and the slab burdening it from the very moment in which it is laid on the pillar, even before the completing casting.
Gas-shielded continuous wire feed welding (EN ISO 4063-135 Process) in accordance with European technical standard.
In the First phase Eurocode 3, in the Second phase Eurocodes 2, 3, and 4. For designs in seismic zone, Eurocode 8.
According to calculation procedure of the MTR® Software based on the current standard.
Mechanical fire resistance (R)
According to the lower concrete cover.
Concrete bottom base as formwork and support for the slab.
It has CE marking in accordance with the EN 1090-1 norm
THE ADVANTAGES OF THE MTR® C BEAM
- Reduction of the construction time of the horizontal structures by 70%
- Reduction of the number of pillars and their sections
- Reduction of the beam sections in width and height
- Reduction of the stress on the pillars
- Reduction of the concrete for the beams
- Complete elimination of formwork and shoring
- Fire resistance with no extra costs and processing
- Positioning of the self-supporting MTR® C beam on the pillars
- Assembly of the slab:
- Positioning of the lattice beams or precompressed prefabricated beams
- Positioning of the brick blocks
- Positioning of the prefabricated lattice beams
- Positioning of the expanded polystyrene (EPS) lightening blocks
PEDRALLE SYSTEM FLOOR:
- Positioning of predalles slabs
HOLLOW CORE SLAB:
- Positioning of hollow core panels
- Assembly of the upper and lower reinforcements within the MTR® C beams
- Assembly of the slab bars
- Concrete casting
- Ideal for the realisation of shopping centres, multi-storey car parks, hotels, convention centres, schools, bridges, and industrial buildings.
Download reports/matching sheets
In order to download the files, please fill out the form below. Once submitted, the links will be automatically activated.
The MTR® System beams rest on the vertical load-bearing elements, pillars and walls, through a specific support system which is welded at the ends of the beams and custom-made, in order to both bear the first-phase loads and avoid interference with the starter bars. The connection of the MTR® System elements with the adjacent load-bearing elements, such as continuous beams, pillars and walls, is achieved by adding reinforcing bar through the structural joints.
Once the concrete is cured, the MTR® System elements are steel-concrete composite structures, but the beam to column connection is, from a bending point of view, a full-fledged ordinary reinforced concrete section. The design of the beam to column connection provides the structure with a dissipative and ductile behaviour in compliance with the resistances hierarchy criterion.
The MTR® Beams rest on masonry or pillars through specific systems placed at their ends.
MTR® Beams are supplied to the site equipped with junction continuity reinforcing bars.
The assembly of the MTR® System on site is easy and fast and does not require the use of specialised workmanship.
Each MTR® Beam is marked with an identification tag that indicates the correct mounting position.
The additional continuity reinforcement for the construction of the junctions to connect the beams to the pillars is supplied with the junctions packaged one by one and provided with identification tag indicating its exact position.
CERTIFIED CALCULATION APPLICATION
Software calculation application dedicated to the design of MTR® beams and implemented on the specific production process adopted by Metal.Ri.