MTR® T Beam
Light prefabrication for traditional construction systems
The MTR® T beam is not self-supporting and must be laid on a formwork or on top of lattice plank as part of predalles system floor. With MTR® T elements it is possible to build hidden beams where the ordinary reinforced concrete does not allow it.
MTR® T Beams can be combined with any type of slab and vertical structure and can be used in the construction of any building where self-support is not essential.
CE marked in accordance with the EN 1090-1 norm, it is made up of one or more steel trusses in accordance with the EN ISO 10025-2 and spaced 15 or 25 cm: every single truss is formed with two bars for the top chord and two bars for the bottom chord connected though a lattice element to be completed on site with in-situ concrete to achieve the composite action.
Completing casting concrete
C25/30 when not otherwise prescribed by the designer.
Gas-shielded continuous wire feed welding (UNI EN ISO 4063-135 Process) in accordance with the NTC (Norme Tecniche per le Costruzioni, Technical Standards for Constructions) 2018.
Par. 4.1, 4.2, and 4.3 NTC 2018 and Eurocodes 2, 3, and 4. For designs in seismic zone, chap. 7 NTC 2018 and Eurocode 8.
According to calculation procedure of the MTR® software based on the current standard.
Mechanical fire resistance (R)
According to the lower concrete cover and the thickness of the bottom of the lattice plank as part of the predalles floor system on which it rests, the required fire resistance will be achieved.
It has CE marking in accordance with the EN 1090-1 norm
THE ADVANTAGES OF THE MTR® T BEAM
- Reduction of the construction time of the horizontal structures by 50%
- Reduction of the number of pillars and their sections
- Reduction of the beam sections in width and height
- Reduction of the formwork
- Reduction of the concrete for the beams
- Fire resistance with no extra costs and processing
- Assembly of the slab:
- Positioning of the lattice beams or precompressed prefabricated beams
- Positioning of the brick blocks
- LIGHTENED SLAB:
- Positioning of the prefabricated lattice girders
- Positioning of the expanded polystyrene (EPS) lightening blocks
- PREDALLE SYSTEM FLOOR:
- Positioning of predalles slabs
- Positioning of the MTR® T beam
- Assembly of the upper and lower reinforcements within the MTR® T beams
- Assembly of the slab bars
- Concrete casting
- Buildings constructed with completely flat downstand slab.
- Composite structure characterised by innumerable advantages in comparison to a traditional reinforced concrete structure.
- Facility of handling and certainty of the reinforcements employed.
Download reports/matching sheets
- MTR® T beams with predalles slab
- MTR® T beams with lattice girders and EPS lightening slab
- MTR® T beams with lattice girders and hollow clay bricks lightening slab
- MTR® T beams on formwork with predalles slab
- MTR® A and MTR® T beams with predalles slab
- MTR® A and MTR® T beams with lattice girders and hollow clay bricks lightening slab
In order to download the files, please fill out the form below. Once submitted, the links will be automatically activated.
The MTR® System beams rest on the vertical load-bearing elements, pillars and walls, through a specific support system which is welded at the ends of the beams and custom-made, in order to both bear the first-phase loads and avoid interference with the starter bars. The connection of the MTR® System elements with the adjacent load-bearing elements, such as continuous beams, pillars and walls, is achieved by adding reinforcing bar through the structural joints.
Once the concrete is cured, the MTR® System elements are steel-concrete composite structures, but the beam to column connection is, from a bending point of view, a full-fledged ordinary reinforced concrete section. The design of the beam to column connection provides the structure with a dissipative and ductile behaviour in compliance with the resistances hierarchy criterion.
The MTR® Beams rest on masonry or pillars through specific systems placed at their ends.
MTR® Beams are supplied to the site equipped with junction continuity reinforcing bars.
The assembly of the MTR® System on site is easy and fast and does not require the use of specialised workmanship.
Each delivery is accompanied by assembly diagrams for the installation of the MTR® Beams and the relative additional reinforcement. Each MTR® Beam is marked with an identification tag that indicates the correct mounting position.
The additional continuity reinforcement for the construction of the junctions to connect the beams to the pillars is supplied with the junctions packaged one by one and provided with identification tag indicating its exact position.
CERTIFIED CALCULATION APPLICATION
Software calculation application dedicated to the design of MTR® beams and implemented on the specific production process adopted by Metal.Ri.